Dimples... 보조개

 Dimples in Korean Drama...


I am a sucker for dimples so I thought it would be fun to compile a list of dimpled actors and actresses that I have come across so far in the dramas I have watched. And, since the dimpled couple above have been recently confirmed as leads in an upcoming drama called "Mr. Hong" I thought I would start with them. 

Edit: The drama title has since been changed to Hometown Cha-Cha-Cha and will air its first episode August 28th 2021.

Kim Seon Ho

김선호

I absolutely adored Kim Seon Ho as Jong Jae Yoon in the drama 100 Days My Prince. I have yet to see another drama with him, but I definitely look forward to seeing him on screen again. 

Shin Min Ah

신민아

Shin Min Ah is a gorgeous actress that I watched in the drama Oh My Venus. She did an incredible job. Her dimples played a huge role in that drama, as well.

Kim Myung Soo

김명수

I thought it only fitting that this actor be next as he is probably one of the first to pop into people's minds when Kdrama actors with dimples are mentioned. His dimpled grin is iconic. :) I have had the pleasure of seeing him in several dramas now including: My Lovely Girl, Meow the Secret Boy, and Miss Hammurabi.

Joo Won

주원

Joo Won played the loveable lead character role of Gyeon Woo in the romantic comedy drama My Sassy Girl, where we were spoiled with three dimpled actors/actresses.

Oh Yeon Seo

오연서

Oh Yeon Seo was the sassy female lead, Princess Hye Myung, in My Sassy Girl. The dimpled couple were a perfect match for the fun romantic comedy. 

Yoon Se Ah

윤세아

Yoon Se Ah played the deceptive character of Queen Park in My Sassy Girl giving us another set of dimples to watch in the fun romantic comedy.

Kim Min Jae

김민재

Kim Min Jae played the lead role of Ma Hoon in the romantic comedy Flower Crew: Joseon Marriage Agency. He was a pleasure to watch and I look forward to seeing his dimpled grin in future dramas I watch. 

Lee Min Ho

이민호

Lee Min Ho plays the character Kim Tan in the drama Heirs... the drama I am currently watching. I am looking forward to seeing how his character develops.

Seo Kang Joon

서강준

I was all too happy to add this guy in! One of my favorite actors. He starred the leading role in my favorite K-drama, Are You Human Too as Nam Shin and Nam Shin 3. I also had the pleasure to watch him in I'll Go To You When the Weather is Nice.

Bae In Hyuk

배인혁

I have recently watched Bae In Hyuk as Nam Soo Hyun in At a Distance, Spring Is Green, so I am adding this dimpled actor to the list. He played a leading role in this drama and I have added it to my favorites list. I also saw him in Kiss Goblin, where he played a very different role. Both were well done!

Honorable Mention

Park Seo Joon

박서준

I am a little hesitant to call his smile indentations dimples, but he does end up on a lot of other people's dimple list, so I thought I would add him in. To be honest, I think this might be because he is such a favorite actor. Who doesn't love watching this guy act? I think, people just want an excuse to add him in, maybe? Lol! I have had the pleasure of watching him in the last two dramas I have watched. It was purely coincidence as when I picked the second, I didn't realize he was the main character. The first I watched was What's Wrong with Secretary Kim where he played the lead role of Lee Young Joon. The second, and my favorite of the two, was Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth, where he again played the lead role. This time as Moo Myung. As good as he was in the first, I felt he was a much better fit for the second, and I feel that role really made him a top actor in my book.


I hope you liked my list so far! I plan to add more as more dimpled actress and actors show up in the dramas I watch.
안녕! - 줄스

Comments